Thursday 8 July 2010

Coils

I knew enough that I wanted to construct my coil using a series of NURBs curves and surface lofts. As I was going to be constructing the coil manually, that is to say, that I would make the swirly shape by eyeballing it rather than resorting to an image plane, so I looked up various coils online just to bring myself to terms with different angles it may take.




I started off with a very simple shape, and continued from there.


The coil itself didn’t look too great; it was misshapen and deformed, but from an angle it was acceptable. It is not completely evident in these images showcasing the construction stages, but please look at the most bottom curves on the left hand side. They are slightly wide.


With the final shape looking like:

No comments:

Post a Comment